Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Dancing Skeleton


As most of you know by now, I broke the Guinness Book of World Records for Marathon Drumming in 1989. This is one of the stories that happened during that event.

One of the great volunteers (Ron) that stayed with me (To be an eye witness for the Guinness Book of Records log book) came into the Brandon Hall Auto Detail shop in Fort Mill S.C. where I was performing this 3 month long record breaking event. Ron came into the shop and I was taking a 10 minute break so he came over to talk to me. He looked me straight in the eye and said these exact words. "I won't be able to witness this event at night anymore because my mom had a vision about you that scared me". I said "ok, what did she see?"

Now Ron's mom was a very nice lady and a devout Christian who was a part of PTL. You know the PTL park (Praise The Lord) that used to be in Fort Mill, S.C. with Pastor Jim "I've sinned against you, now send me more money" Baker. He needed the money to keep his wife Tammy Fae Baker in facial make up.

Ron tells me his mom had a vision of a DANCING SKELETON on the roof of the Brandon Hall Detail shop. The skeleton had bees swarming all around it while it danced in the night. Now I myself after 40 days of drumming was a little freaked also, I had already had some strange hallucinations of my own. This will happen when you play drums for this length of time, trust me...The next day after Ron told me about his moms "vision" he stopped volunteering completely.

A vitamin company shows up about 2 days later and wants to sponsor me. It was some kind of blood and internal organ cleansing vitamin. You know boost your energy and endurance. These pills made me so physically sick they almost took me out of the event. Well within 2 days of taking these pills I had to set a snare drum up in the bathroom to keep drumming. My insides turned inside out and I had ungodly explosive diarrhea. Needless to say I stopped taking the pills immediately! I then called the vitamin guy and told him to keep the extra pills he was sending, and I was throwing the pills he already gave me into the garbage.

I started thinking about Ron's mom and her vision. I guess I was the skeleton, and the diarrhea was the swarm of bees. The diarrhea also started late in the night around 11 pm the day after I started taking the pills. Go figure she had a vision of my exploding butt...

No comments:

Post a Comment